Developed as a collaborative programme by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Vancouver, and a consortium of four participating universities in Asia, the Commonwealth Executive MBA programme is designed to help professionals working as managers and supervisors in Malaysian organisations, to get an in-depth grasp of management principles and develop skills and capabilities required to function as effective executives in the highly competitive global business environment.
The presentation of course content in the Open Distance Learning (ODL) ensures that the learners do not have to dislocate from their workplace. The contemporary and highly relevant programme content is supported by online and face-to-face tutor support, video conference based interaction and Residential School cum Project Workshop.
(1) Regular Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.