This programme is designed to provide a comprehensive and vigorous grounding in the discipline of accounting within the broad field of business, producing graduates who can meet the challenges of a rapidly changing global commercial environment.
Students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills in various aspects of accounting and finance such as financial accounting, cost and management accounting, accounting information systems, auditing, taxation, financial management and analysis and corporate finance.
Candidates with the following criteria will be eligible to be considered for admission into
the undergraduate programme:
(1) Regular Entry
Candidates must fulfil one of the following criteria:
With a pass in English and Mathematics at SPM / UEC Senior Middle III and
– Grade C (SGP 2.0) in at least two (2) subjects / two (2) Principals in STPM / HSC/ A-Level
– Five (5) Grade Bs in UEC Senior Middle III
Other eligible qualifications
– An approved / accredited Diploma / Advanced Diploma
– An approved Foundation / Matriculation (minimum CGPA 2.00 out of 4.00) qualification from other private and public universities in Malaysia
– Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
– The candidate should be at least 21 years of age in the year of application and possess relevant work experience.